The fourth largest global telecommunications equipment company in the world is headquartered in France with operations in more than 130 countries and focuses on fixed, mobile, and converged networking hardware, IP technologies, software, and services. Seeking support of widespread deployment for the west region in the U.S., the client engaged with Kineticom in multi-faceted staff augmentation and milestone and task-based work beginning in 2007. In 2013, the client began an upgrade with a major carrier network to support LTE and required a strong partner to launch the large milestone project.
– To augment the client’s project management staff with expertly qualified resources across the region in order to effectively manage all construction efforts and ensure all deliverables and milestones for the LTE upgrade are achieved.
– Placed qualified construction managers in strategic locations throughout the territory to manage local contractors.
– Kineticom interfaced directly and on a daily basis with the client’s Program Management Office (PMO) to secure a unified approach for LTE deployment.
– Kineticom worked in partnership with the client to track daily progress updates using a proprietary scheduling tool in order to make necessary alterations to the strategy.
– The client was able to mitigate cost and overall time direct employees spent on project, as well as defer costs until milestones were truly reached.
– The partnership enabled the client to employ more qualified resources in the field and focus efforts on other internal areas of need.
– Based on consistent results, worksites have doubled since the initial phase of the project and continue to grow with the success of upgrade efforts.